Powered By

Skin Design:

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 10

Divya Dutta's 'real' item song experience!


Divya Dutta was well received by audiences and critics alike in the character of the straightforward 'Jalebi' in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's DELHI-6. Not stopping at that, Divya it seems is all set to heat up the Bollywood circuit. For starters, the actress also plays a very hot item number in HAAT, THE WEEKLY BAZAAR. Divya is quite excited about the film. ''The film is being directed by Seema Kapoor and it's a good bold subject. But I am moreso excited because I have a kickass role in the film'' says Divya.

Ask her about the item number and Divya just cannot stop raving about it. ''It is an item number and believe it or not I have performed in front of a real audience in the open in Rajasthan. There are no junior artistes in the song. I have been used to shooting in a closed studios and junior artistes throwing money at you but this was one experience I can never forget,'' says Divya.

''We were shooting in this village in Rajasthan and my director informed me that it would be out in the open with villagers watching me. Initially I was awkward and my steps went wrong. But being an artiste I could not let these simple things effect me. I had to go ahead. As I started dancing and gyrating with the typical thumkaas I heard wolf whistles and this encouraged me. I realized that the villagers were enjoying it so I went ahead without any hitches. Moreover, to my wonders I saw villagers literally throwing money on the stage. After a long time I saw the 'atthanni' (the fifty paise coins) being hurled on the stage. It was indeed a life time experience. I enjoyed it,'' reveals Divya.

Well Divya certainly seems to be on a roll now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Product Designers Delhi said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

Telugu movie songs & wallpapers